Maplewood Child Custody Law
Divorce can be tricky, especially when children are involved. While you and the other parent can come to an agreement on your own, child custody and visitation issues are largely handled under state law. As a parent going through child custody issues, it is essential that you understand how Missouri law works.
For example, you should know that legal and physical custody are separate concepts. Physical custody refers to how the child actually spends their time, while legal custody is decision-making authority. Also, Missouri focuses on shared parenting. While sole custody can be awarded in Missouri, the courts tend to default to collaborative parenting.
At Raza Family Law Solutions, we work hard to help you find a collaborative solution to your child custody issues. Contact a Maplewood child custody lawyer to learn more.
Why Should You Hire a Child Custody Lawyer?
Divorcing with children? Here are some ways a child custody attorney can help you:
- Legal expertise. Child custody attorneys specialize in family law and have a deep understanding of the laws surrounding child custody. They can ensure you understand your rights and obligations.
- Guidance and advice. A child custody attorney can provide personalized guidance based on the specific details of your case. They can offer advice on the best course of action to achieve your desired outcome.
- Mediation and negotiation. In many cases, child custody disputes can be resolved through mediation or negotiation rather than going to court. An attorney can represent your interests and advocate for the best interests of the child.
- Preparation of legal documents. Child custody cases often involve a substantial amount of paperwork, including petitions, motions, and affidavits. A child custody attorney can prepare and review these documents to ensure they are accurate and thorough.
- Gathering evidence. Child custody cases often require the presentation of evidence to support your claims or counter the other party’s arguments. An attorney can help gather relevant evidence, such as witness statements or expert testimonies, to strengthen your case.
- Court representation. If your case goes to court, having a child custody attorney by your side is crucial. They will present your case before the judge, cross-examine witnesses, and make compelling arguments on your behalf. An experienced attorney knows how to navigate the courtroom procedures and can increase your chances of a favorable outcome.
- Modification or enforcement of custody orders. If you already have a child custody order in place but need to modify its terms or enforce its provisions, an attorney can guide you through the legal procedures.
Contact a Maplewood Child Custody Lawyer Today
Child custody battles are some of the most challenging family law conflicts. Children are often caught in the middle and they suffer immensely.
Divorce can be difficult for everyone involved. At Raza Family Law Solutions, we work hard to help you find a collaborative solution. To schedule a consultation with a Maplewood child custody lawyer, call (314) 314-5505 or fill out the online form.
We Are Here to Help