We Handle All Types of Spousal Support Cases
At Raza Family Law Solutions, our spousal support lawyers are driven by a passion for helping people and families find the best possible solution for their specific circumstances. With deep knowledge of Missouri’s spousal support laws, our firm provides personalized representation. If you have any questions about spousal support or family law more broadly, we can help. Contact us today via the link provided for your confidential consultation with a divorce attorney.
An Overview of Spousal Support (Alimony) in Missouri
Spousal support (alimony, maintenance) is a payment made by one party to another either during or after the divorce or legal separation process. Spousal support is governed by state law. If you are going through a divorce or separation and spousal support is an issue, it is crucial that you understand Missouri law. Here are four key things that you should know about:
- Spousal Support is Not Guaranteed: Spousal support is not guaranteed by Missouri law. It is not awarded in every divorce/separation case.
- Law is Gender Neutral: Both men and women in Missouri may be ordered to pay (or entitled to receive) alimony.
- Missouri has Several Types of Alimony: In Missouri, a judge can only grant maintenance for an undetermined period of time and that maintenance can only be changed if you file a Modification in Court. However, if you reach a settlement with your spouse, you can agree to other types of maintenance such as temporary or periodic maintenance.
- Many Factors Impact the Amount and Duration of Spousal Support: In Missouri, there are many different factors that can affect the amount and duration of alimony, including in age, duration of marriage, health issues, and current/future financial prospects.
We Put an Emphasis on Low-Conflict Solutions
We firmly believe in the power of low-conflict solutions in family law disputes, including in spousal support cases. Our attorneys are trained in the full range of alternative dispute resolution methods, including mediation, cooperative and collaborative law. We always work closely with our clients to help them understand their options and make informed decisions about their future. While we know that collaborative solutions are not an option in every case, our divorce lawyers always put in the time, resources, and attention to the small details to best serve your needs.
How Spousal Support Attorney Can Help
Spousal support can be complicated. You do not have to figure out everything on your own. At Raza Family Law Solutions, we are skilled, experienced, and driven by a passion for helping people find low-conflict resolutions in family law cases. Our team will take a proactive approach. Among other things, our Missouri divorce attorney is ready to:
- Listen to your concerns and answer questions during a confidential consultation;
- Gather all of the financial information that you will need to proceed; and
- Develop a strategy focused on helping you find a low-conflict solution.
Get Help From Our Spousal Support Lawyer Today
At Raza Family Law Solutions, our St. Louis alimony attorney is standing by, ready to help you devise a plan of action that works best for your specific situation. Contact our family law team today to arrange a fully confidential, no obligation consultation. We provide family & divorce services in St. Louis County, St. Louis City, St. Charles County and throughout the wider region.
We Are Here to Help