Skip to Main Content

(314) 314-5505

How Do I Request Child Support Modification in Missouri?

Sharing is caring:

If you’re looking to request a child support modification in Missouri, you generally need to go through the Missouri Department of Social Services, Family Support Division (FSD) or through a family law attorney in your state. Here are the general steps to request a child support modification in Missouri:

  • Gather Necessary Information:
    • Collect information about your current financial situation.
    • Document any changes in your income, expenses, or the other parent’s situation.
  • Contact the Family Support Division (FSD):
    • You can contact your local FSD office by phone or visit their website.
    • The FSD website is a valuable resource for information and forms related to child support services in Missouri.
  • Complete the Necessary Forms:
    • Obtain and complete the appropriate child support modification forms. These forms may include:
      • Form 14: Child Support Amount Calculation Worksheet.
      • Form 14B: Income and Expense Statement/Affidavit.
      • Form 14.10: Request for Review and Adjustment of Child Support Order.
    • You can find these forms on the Missouri FSD website or obtain them from your local FSD office.
  • Submit Forms to FSD:
    • After completing the necessary forms, submit them to the FSD office. You may need to provide supporting documentation, such as pay stubs, tax returns, or proof of changed circumstances.
    • Include any relevant information that supports your request for a child support modification.
  • Wait for a Response:
    • The FSD will review your request and the provided documentation.
    • You will receive a written notice of the decision regarding your child support modification request.
  • Attend a Hearing (if necessary):
    • If the other parent disagrees with the modification, a hearing may be scheduled.
    • Attend the hearing and present your case.
  • Receive the Modified Child Support Order:
    • If the modification is approved, you will receive a modified child support order.

Remember that the specific procedures and forms may vary, and it’s crucial to check the most recent information on the Missouri Department of Social Services website or consult with a legal professional for advice tailored to your situation. Additionally, you may want to consider consulting with an attorney to ensure that you navigate the process correctly and advocate for your interests effectively.

At Raza Family Law Solutions, we practice family law effectively guiding clients through prenuptial and post nuptial agreements, dissolution of marriage, modifications of prior judgments, and resolving child custody disputes. We also help families take a different approach to divorce with mediation and collaborative work.  Contact us for a consultation at (314) 314-5505.

Sharing is caring: