Many couples stay married longer than they should because they don’t want to go through the divorce process. Ending a marriage can be scary. You’re going from married life to single life. It can be scary financially.
Divorces are complex. There is a lot involved in the process. Plus, there are laws that must be followed. It can all seem overwhelming.
Considering a divorce? You don’t have to go through it alone, and you shouldn’t have to. A Clayton divorce lawyer from Raza Family Law Solutions can guide you through the process peacefully.
Filing for Divorce
Missouri is a no-fault state when it comes to divorce. What this means is that you don’t need to blame your spouse for the divorce. Instead, you can simply state “irreconcilable differences.”
To file for divorce, at least one party must have been a resident of Missouri for a minimum of 90 days before the proceeding. Once the petition has been filed, there is a waiting period of 30 days. Once this time has passed, the marriage can be dissolved.
How a Divorce Lawyer Can Help You
You may think you can handle a divorce on your own and save money, but why not pay for expertise? Here are some ways in which a divorce lawyer can help you:
- Legal expertise and guidance. A divorce lawyer has a thorough understanding of all the aspects of family law, including divorce laws, property division, child custody, and alimony. They can provide you with accurate legal advice and guide you through the complexities of the legal system.
- Objective advice. Going through a divorce can be emotionally challenging, and emotions can easily cloud your judgment. A divorce lawyer can provide you with objective advice so you can make rational decisions.
- Document preparation. Divorce involves a significant amount of paperwork, such as financial disclosures, settlement agreements, and child custody arrangements. A divorce lawyer can ensure all these documents are submitted accurately and timely.
- Negotiation and settlement. Most divorce cases do not go to court. They are resolved through negotiation and settlement. A divorce lawyer can act as your advocate and help you understand your options so you can work towards a favorable agreement that meets your needs.
- Representation in court. If your divorce case does have to go to court, having a divorce lawyer by your side is crucial. They understand courtroom procedures. They will represent your interests, present your case, and argue on your behalf before the judge.
Contact a Clayton Divorce Lawyer Today
Nobody gets married with a divorce in mind, but things change over time. If you are considering divorce, get the right legal team on your side. Raza Family Law Solutions can help you divorce peacefully. We offer mediation and other forms of collaborative law to help your divorce go smoothly.
We Are Here to Help